Thursday 16 August 2012

a walk down the memory lane

BUZZ

My phone vibrates, and I unlock it..

"hey.." , the message on whatsapp said..

I typed back the customary "heyyaa.." knowing quite well what was to follow next..

And I was right.. " 'ssup? " came though..

"nothing much.. watching tv.. u say" 

"same here.. :)"

" :) "

I stare at the screen.. knowing the conversation has ended..
Still hoping something will pop up on d screen anyway..
I think of coming up with something myself..
But at the exact same moment.. the status shifts from "online" to "last seen at"
with a sigh, I put my phone away..
and am left wondering..
where did things go wrong..
when was it that everything changed..

inadvertently my mind flops over to the olden times..
when we used to spend hours texting .. talking illogical stuff over the phone..
numerous bunks from college.. hang outs and what not !!!

A quote I had read somewhere flashes across my mind..

"Day by day nothing changes.. but when you look back.. everything is different"

Things go by on their own pace..
and those momentary thoughts get washed away from my mind..

suddenly d very next day.. I'm met with a huge surprise..

The moment I enter the house.. I find one my school friends waiting to greet me..
with baffled expressions (mine) we share a quick hug..
and i stare at her with my mouth hanging open.. trying to come to terms with the surprise of finding her there..

after school ended.. everyone became busy with their own lives..
meetings became a scarce thing..
and phone calls receded to the extent of just calls on each other's b'days.. 

so to find your friend with whom you haven't talked in months.. haven't met in years suddenly present at ur home was like the biggest surprise ever !!!

As soon I got my voice back... It was 3 hours on non stop chatter..
and it was like no time has passed..
we were back to the good old days..
chattering the minutes away !!!

As I was returning from her place after dropping home.. 
I couldn't help but smile..
Time.. Distances.. Busy schedules..
All these stuff really don't matter..
coz friendship survives dem all...

things change .. people change.. priorities change..
but the space you carve in each others' hearts remains d same..

there might be moments when you are left thinking back..
wishing for the old days to come back..
but sooner or later.. the realization strikes..
everything happens for a reason..
and time once past.. cannot be reverted back !!!

And so I reach home.. Unlock my phone..
type in "heyyy.. " and hit send 
There is a smile on my face while m doing dat..
Hope is still alive.. And friendship survives.. :)
 

3 comments:

  1. It is so much a post I can connect and relate too.. Loved it.. It revived everything.
    School friendships are the most PUREST of all. And even if faded, they are never lost. Some connections stay for ever. And no matter if we don't talk for months, we can always pick up the conversation with them without any efforts!

    Thanks for this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Start and the end was reveling..
    With ur description of old friends, i Felt a sudden urge to contact all my old buddies.. ( Cell Balance dhyan me aaya tab jake ye urge ko phurr kar diya... :P )
    simply amazing .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends are the best part of life...i agree... :)

    http://apparitionofmine.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete