Saturday 31 March 2012

The Birthday Chronicles

Surprises !!!
The Best thing about Birthdays...


God only knows why I spent so many of them devising ways to unveil the surprises... Stupid is all I can think of when I look back to my behavior back then...


Having seen live examples of people having spoilt their b'day surprises from the starting of this year...and regretting that later... I had already reached the conclusion that I didnn't want to repeat the same history !!!


So purposefully switched off my infamous "detective dimag" this year..
Did no snooping around..
Didn't even try eavesdropping..
Turned a blind eye and deaf ear to all that was happening around... 


And all that surely paid off !!!


The best thing I heard that day was... " I'm proud of the way u behaved".. :)
It surely made my day !!!


"PERFECT"
Thats the word I'd use if I was asked to describe that day !!!


After the customary late nite jaagran.. I had decided to go to college.. (a huge feat considering the fact that the surviving on the brink of sleep deprivation already)


But then.. didn't want to miss out on an opportunity to get the scores of b'day wishes in person... and Birthdays are Birthdays unless ur friends aren't a part of it...
so dragged myself out of the bed and over to the college...
everybody coming over to wish me kind of made up for it later.. (crazy i know!!)


Initially I had presumed that the whole "hum toh posting attend karenge" charade was just to make sure that I don't raise any suspicions and don't get my hopes high up..
But when I discovered that posting is being attended.. N worse.. I'm being made to attend that too.. I was left bewildered...


The first bout of surprises started as soon as we got a break ...
surprise visit in college.. even more surprising cake.. and a not so surprising cake facial...
(although according to the reviews i got later.. it did wonders to my skin.. it was "glowing" :P
and hence I am recommending it to everyone from now on)


just when I'm convinced thats all surprise in store for me for the day.. my sister decides to take me on a shopping spree .. In the middle of her board exams !!!


normally my sensors would have detected fishy activity.. but owing to the fact that I had turned my brain off.. I didnt even raise suspicions when it was proposed that we take a foodie detour...


N then surprise surprise... after years of wishing for one !!! And once even going to the extent of planning one for myself.. I finally get one !!!
A SURPRISE PARTY... :)
which was full of loads of fun, masti, another cake and needless to say... surprises... ;) :D


All in all .. everything was perfect... And was amazed to have been made re-realize how much people care about me... :)
"blessed" thats what I am.. 
A well known saying goes.. "at the end of your life if you can count 10 people on the tips of your fingers who truly care for you.. you are truly blessed.."
I surely count myself in that category !!! :)



just wanted to thank everyone for making my day super special... can't express how lucky I am to have people like u in my lyf... 
the lengths you people went to .. just make my day special.. It was unimaginable...




P.S. - I know this post is exremely delayed in coming... But believe me... the kind of b'day 
          euphoria I had.. Is still far from over... still having hangover symptoms... some credit of 
         that also goes to the back to back sleepovers that followed...

P.P.S - this calls for a round of acknowledgments..
             thanks Shibz fr being the mastermind n executing all of this behind my back so 
             ingeniously k I didn't even get a whiff for whats happening..
            Sonam fr being the accomplice.. N not letting out any hints.. :P
            Sama fr just being there for me.. I knw hw busy you are.. N it ws ur big day too bt 
             still you wer there.. :) sry fr spoiling the early morning surprise.. 
             It was totally unintentional .. 
            Gaurav fr already making me an author..  N for the song I don't remember.. :)
             The amount of thought you put in.. "kya bolu mai" :P
             Mansi fr being d accomplice in the novel n fr my night tym buddy... ;)
             Mayur.. fr just being there and adding to the humour...
             N last but not the least... niya !!!
             none of this would have been possible without u !!!
             you seriously are the best sister in the world !!!
             who else would spare so much tym 2 days before the maths board paper !!!
             Don't have words to express !!! :)
              
              




5 comments:

  1. Hey vini thanks for the acknowledgment dear ;) but I guess... all this was worth for a buddy of all times ...in diff stages of ma lyf ;)
    Though this blog dedication was gr8...something struck ma mind ... had read it somewhere.... Shud always treat people the way U wish to get treated ...lolzz
    Its April calling!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lolz shibz.. meri sangati ka aisa asar...
      U are starting to become a B'day freak too... :P
      sahi ja rahi h ladki.. :P
      love ya !!! <3

      Delete
    2. Vini ....whts, wrong in celebrating d day one is born....m not freaking out 4 mine ...
      April was alway s a fav month of mine ....
      Its jst the excitement ..the day getting close :)

      Delete
  2. kya bolu mai.. :P

    commenting " how good ur post is " .. " ur beautiful words " bla bla wil not give justice to this one..
    as even after 10 days of ur b'day u are engulfed with ur b'day euphoria .. thats cool..
    all i can say is ..
    355 days to go.. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe...
      *wink* :D
      I still am to get the song btw.. :P

      Delete