Friday 2 March 2012

The B-Day butterflies



March..!!!
One of my favorite months in the year..
For obvious reasons.. ;)


spring is in..
Winters have ended and summers haven't reached its peak yet...


The month of colors... :)




But the best thing about it remains the fact that my birthday happens to fall within this month... ;)


I've always been a b'day fanatic for as long as I can remember... 
Even when during school days when my b'day invariably fell during either the exams or the vacations.. ;)
I start my reverse countdown as soon as the new year starts.. (i know its a little extreme)
and by the time march arrives... the thoughts of my b'day predominate over all others...


Afterall its the one day in the entire year that you get the celebrity treatment... ;)
people que up for the chance to talk to you..
and you feel like a star... :)




Of course I'm aware of the fact that "its one year from the life gone"  and all of the so called "facts"
but all that stuff just isn't meant for my lively self...
I don't claim to b an optimist.. but I'm no pessimist either..
Its all about the glass half full for me.. ;)


I always end up doing some or the bizarre stuff in the meanwhile..
I've gone to the limit of planning my own surprise b'day party for myself in which my friends would be invited and I would get a chance to act surprised.. shocked even.. ( a brilliant idea on which my sister unfortunately put her foot down on.. such a waste ) :(


The sad thing about being a b'day fanatic is.. it can sometimes make life difficult for the near n dear ones...
The detective in me which usually lies in dormant state is constantly on high alert !!!
every action.. word and conversation is closely monitored just to catch a whiff of activity regarding my big day.. ;)
something I usually excel at.. much to my friends' irritation...
"surprise" kya hai "guess" karna becomes my favorite hobby... ;)
They sadly attribute it to the fact that I am suffering from overdose of "castle" "bones" and "lie to me"


The fact remains that my curiosity gets better of me.. and end up being a pain.. ;)


so this time i have vowed to do something different..
no more acting like a detective..
no more snooping around for clues..
no more eavesdropping to catch snatches of conversations..


Afterall.. its high time I start acting "mature".. ;)
(a feat i don't consider possible) :D


Instead.. I have decided to cook up my own versions of whats possible... ;)


*spoiler alert*


do not read any further if u happen to be my close friends and you don't want me to spill any beans....




although.. If u're running short of ideas regarding what to do for me.. you can definitely continue..
moreover.. if this doesn't suffice your requisites.. feel free to personally contact me anytime..
I'll be more than happy to help you out of my dilemma..




*disclaimer*
I do not assure this post is designated to be helpful or beneficial at all... Please do not blame me if you end up more confused than what you were before reading this... :P


 so here's a compilation of all the things i envision/imagine myself getting this year...



  •  A bouquet on my doorstep at 12 in the night... ;)
  •  A surprise home visit early in the morning by all my friends.. ( a really tough task considering we have to be in college at 8.. I totally understand guys.. still can't help fantasizing) :D 
  • handmade card !!! (should be HUGE ) ;)
  • A long long letter... :))
  • new spectacles.. (seeing how my old pair was brutally chewed off by angel and i haven't bothered to get a new one yet)
  • headphones for my sony erricson.. (same sad story.. chewed off by angel again)
  • yearly subscription of reader's digest.. ( I know I can always go to yc n read it.. but I'm too lazy.. on top of it.. my b'day gift continues to get delivered to me every month of the year.. what more can I possibly ask for !!! ;) )
  • a cool handbag.. (I'll choose it myself if you want) ;)
  • shopping spree.. (If we have enough strength left after college.. promise not to splurge too much on anything ) ;)
  • food processor and a proper set of knives.. (this one's a mom special.. I refuse to partake in learning to cook till my demands are met !!! :P)
  • A dhawa at my place d nyt b4 and nite stay... (no horror movies ;) ) too much wishful thinking.. i know.. ;)
  • any of the final year textbooks... (this is the most mature wish so far) ;)
  • a smart clutch.. 
  • college bag.. (not harrison's.. although if you come to think of it.. will be barely using it for a year)
  • A scrapbook.. (have mentioned it quite late but this one tops the list.. although I know there isn't much tym !!! )
  • watch !!! (you cannot have enough of them !!!) ;)
  • a chanel perfume.. (extravagant I know.. but sochne me kya ja raha hai) ;) 
  • INC.in or catwalk footwear.. (will ensure it is kept far away from angel's reach) ;)
  • A pandora's box kind of thing.. full of accessories... ;)
  • A laptop... (this one is a dad special.. I know I don't have any use and am possibly the most untechnosavvy person on this earth.. but I want one of my own.. even a tab would work fine) ;)
  • A surprise b'day party !!! :D


I don't want the list exceed my age.. so will put a stop here... ;)



p.s. - the above list may sound materialistic.. but I'm actually not !!!
          I firmly believe its not the gifts but the feelings that matter...
          Its not the place but the people who matter.. :D


p.p.s - having said the above sentence.. 
            all my frnds..  plz keep in mind that I "am" expecting "something" :P
            so better gear up... ;)
            







2 comments:

  1. Someone awesome once revealed a rule #1 to me
    never expect anything :P

    but since its ur month.. u are free to expect anything :P

    n lyk always u have a list here too.. :P
    a lovely post..
    n yepp march is the best month.. :)

    for all who are not lucky enough to be born in march.. iss janam me ache karm karne .. agli bar march milega :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That someöne awesome may have been correct...
      But m not expecting "anything".. M just expecting "something".. :P
      N d list was a given..
      Have mentioned it in d very first post..
      I have a "thing" for lists... ;)

      Delete